Healthcare Professionals understand the health benefits of Ginger and recommend it to treat nausea
There are many health benefits of ginger and alleviating forms of travel sickness are included.
- Have you ever been sea sick?
- When those Elizabethan sailors discovered ginger would relieve sea sickness it very quickly became an important part of the mariner’s medical supplies.
- How about car sick?
- Contemporary studies into the treatment of nausea indicate ginger is effective in preventing vomiting associated with all motion sickness.
- So if you’re dreading the 5 hour car journey with your travel-sick kids, here’s your solution. Mix a spoonful of powdered ginger into a tumbler of water and settle their stomachs.
- Many women suffer from "Early Morning Sickness"
- Ginger also helps in the early days of pregnancy in which morning sickness can be an inconvenient and troublesome issue.
- Again recent studies suggest that 1gm of powdered ginger per day is a safe and highly effective solution to pregnancy-related vomiting.
It is recommended that this daily intake should be for no more than 4 days.
- The extract of the ginger root has a history of use in traditional medicine in the reduction of inflammation. Its use brings relief to sufferers from arthritis and colitis.
Other health uses:
- It is felt that Ginger can help lower Cholesterol and prevent blood clots therefore helping those with heart disease.
- Ginger can relieve indigestion and stomach cramping.
- Its aphrodisiac qualities are still prized by many.
Whether you are using fresh, dried, powdered, preserved, pickled or crystallized Ginger, this spice will provide a warm glow to any meal or beverage in which it’s used.
Return to Ginger Spice
Home Page - from - Health Benefits of Ginger